- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, diced finely
- 1 jalapeno
- .25 cup ginger, diced
- 10 cloves garlic, diced
- .25 cup curry powder
- 2 tbsp cumin, ground
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- .5 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup cooked spinach
- 1 cup cooked chard
- 1 tbsp date sugar
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tsp dried fenugreek
- 2 tsp garam masala
- Start by sauteeing the finely diced onion until browned.
- Add the ginger, garlic and jalapeno and sautee for about a minute.
- Add the spices and stir, toasting for about a minute.
- Add a splash of vegetable broth to deglaze the pan. Add tomatoes and stir to combine.
- Add cooked greens and stir to combine.
- Add another cup of vegetable broth and turn heat to low, simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, dried fenugreek and date sugar.
- Simmer for another 10 minutes, adding vegetable stock as necessary.
- Season with salt to taste and enjoy! Serve over rice or with flatbread.
Feeling basic? Use frozen ginger, garlic and greens. Feeling extra? Toast and grind the spices fresh.
Calories: 132.34kcal (7%) | Carbohydrates: 19.12g (6%) | Protein: 4.45g (9%) | Fat: 6.34g (10%) | Saturated Fat: 3.89g (24%) | Sodium: 477.17mg (21%) | Potassium: 569.2mg (16%) | Fiber: 6.15g (26%) | Sugar: 5.51g (6%) | Vitamin A: 3988.92IU (80%) | Vitamin C: 18.02mg (22%) | Calcium: 145.48mg (15%) | Iron: 6.47mg (36%)
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!